Monday, February 21, 2011

Orange Crush

Diane Kruger in Lanvin
It seems like black has taken a backseat to brights on the red carpet lately -- especially this spectrum of orange-y to poppy red shades. (I guess we can be grateful that the celebs can test out the new trends for us.) So far, I think spring's electric hues are looking good. I love the idea of going for such a bold shade at night -- sure to get you noticed! -- especially paired with an equally bold shoe in a different color.

Emma Stone in Lanvin
Blake Lively in Marchesa
Kate Bosworth in Calvin Klein

Orange is the ultimate summer shade -- it looks great with white jeans and shorts (staples), as well as khaki, denim and chambray (and a tan!). have a pair of T-strap Ferragamo sandals in apricot that I wore to death last summer so, I need to find replacements. I almost forgot about my tangerine-y leather Tods tote that I have not used in years. It's super sporty and will be perfect for casual around town days. I also just unearthed a pair of satin ballet flats in the shade that I bought a few years ago and have never worn...will start now (if the snow ever melts!).
 
Rachel Bilson in Burberry
 A fitted cardi in a bright shade would be cute and easy to wear... with just a simple tank or nothing underneath.  Gold jewelry is a superchic accompaniment to bright orange on sunny days -- so layer it on!


And of course an accessory would be the easiest way to get in on the trend without making too much of a statement. Love the Marni rope bracelet!
Tory Burch
Miu Miu
Marni


No comments:

Post a Comment