Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blue Wave


Sarah Jessica Parker
More on the recent wave of color... Caribbean blue also seems to be transitioning from the runways to the red carpet and the streets. SJP looks effortlessly chic. Love the flouncy, feminine skirt paired with a tailored jacket (and those crazy high Louboutins!).

Jessica Alba in Atelier Versace



Blakey Lively in Pucci

The glamour gowns are definitely red carpet worthy (and Blake Lively's choice of footwear is fab)... However, I admit that this is not a color I am usually drawn to.  It doesn't read sophisticated to me -- although, SJP's urban-polished look may change my mind. What do you think? Maybe it's better on blue-eyed blonds?

For spring and summer  (and pretty much all year), I wear a ton of navy. I've posted about it before -- it is one of my favorite wardrobe shades.  Is there something in between this eye-catching cornflower blue and a classic dark navy (royal?) that would be worth trying? Say, a patent Manolo or a Proenza PS1 bag?!
Christian Louboutin
Manolo Blahnik
Proenza Schouler

No comments:

Post a Comment