Friday, February 11, 2011

Black Swan Style

Natalie Portman in Black Swan

I finally snuck out to see Black Swan last night. It is so intense. And Natalie Portman is amazing. The costuming is also incredible. While the full-on ballerina creations were a spectacle, I was also loving the ballet practice get-ups -- the gray, white and powder pink layering, and the mix of cashmere, tulle, and satin. I wear a lot of heather and charcoal shades and petal-y pinks mix in so nicely - - subtle color.  I have a pale pink Marc By Marc Jacobs ballerina-style wrap top from years ago that I just pulled out to wear with my light gray jeans and will throw a gray cashmere cardigan over it (I will stop at leg warmers though).


Natalie Portman in Black Swan
Natalie Portman in Black Swan


Designers must have had Black Swan on their mind too. From Chanel Couture to Alexander McQueen, there were had hints of Swan Lake...

Chanel Couture Spring 2011

Chanel Couture Spring 2011
Chanel Couture Spring 2011
Alexander McQueen R-T-W Spring 2011


Some designers seemed more intrigued by the "black" side of the Swan Princess... making its way to the Fall 2011 runways (we're onto day three of NY Fashion Week). 

Natalie Portman in Black Swan

Jason Wu Fall 2011
Jason Wu Fall 2011
Jason Wu Fall 2011

I love the tulle, feathers and full skirts -- and the black gives it a sexier edge.  I'm incorporating a little of white and black swan into my wardrobe... and rooting for Natalie Portman to win the Oscar! (I can't wait to see what she wears.)

** More to come on the Fall 2011 fashion shows. The Jason Wu collection was beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment