Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pretty Prints

Leifsdottir


An evening of shopping and champagne? It doesn't get much better than that! The glamourous Melissa Hawks, of the Well Appointed House, opened up her very well appointed house to host a trunk show for the newish, contemporary brand Leifsdottir.  (Read all about the stylish soiree on the Well Appointed House blog.)


Melissa Hawks in a Leifsdottir print top and skirt

The summer collection was on display for purchase and it was all about exotic prints. Now, there is nary a print or pattern to be found in my closet, but I think it's time to change that. Sifting through the racks, I envisioned myself at a summer cocktail party in a long, flowing patterned frock (shod in flip-flops or gladiators),  or maybe a short, bright print flirty frock for a sultry night out. Think Hamptons or Saint Barths.  

Leifsdottir
Leifsdottir




















I've also been eyeing this purple paisley-print summer gown from Tory Burch ever since I saw the below picture of Kirna Zabete owner Sarah Easley on the Tory Burch blog.

Tory Burch


How cool can she make a floor-length frock look?!

While summer is certainly not yet in the air around here in New England, it is definitely on my mind! And a pretty print could be the perfect way to help usher in the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment