Monday, March 21, 2011

Menswear, Maybe?

Kate Moss

I haven't worn a suit in I don't know how long -- years and years. My jobs never required it and honestly, it is just not my style.  But maybe it is time to think about investing in one again? A well-fitting, high-quality suit is one of those things that we should always have in our closet. Undoubtedly, occasions arises when a suit is the appropriate attire.  And in between, there is nothing wrong with wearing the pieces on their own. I do like wearing blazers. I have been throwing on a black wool Chloe jacket at night recently and feel instantly polished and pulled together... always balancing the structure of the jacket with something feminine (see my post on ruffled blouses).

I love the way Kate Moss looks so cool in her gray suit -- not the least bit stuffy or stiff. Even the Olsens look grown up and sophisticated. While a suit is not high on my shopping priority list, it is something to think about... 

Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen

Milla Jovovich
Cate Blanchett

No comments:

Post a Comment