Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Swimsuit Report

Luckily, this past Memorial Day weekend offered up plenty of sunshine and pool time -- and opportunities to try out a few of my new swimsuits (see previous post The Search for the Perfect Suit).  The verdict? Hit and miss.


I loved my sporty striped suit from Old Navy. While it was cut a little low in the hips for me, it seemed perfectly appropriate for splashing around with the kiddies. I also thought the striped pattern did a decent job of camouflaging any hints of mummy-tummy. (Note: this suit is on sale at Old Navy right now.)

Old Navy

The black one-piece felt a little more sophisticated... and the slight ruching in the midriff was also a good disguiser. Much to my surprise, when I showed up at the pool in this suit, my six-months-pregnant sister had on the same one -- and it looked great on her. A very universally flattering suit! (This suit is sold out on Old Navy but there is a similar one at J.Crew.)


Old Navy


J.Crew
I also wore this white-and-gray striped suit this past weekend. I loved the cut and the colors, however, my mother told me I was a little too pale for it.  I thought it was a very grown-up color combination and it looked great paired with a breezy, white coverup and silver flip-flops. But I guess those light shades weren't doing me any favors! Maybe I'll try it again later in the season... (This suit is also on sale at Old Navy right now).

Old Navy

I have a few more suits to try out... I will keep you posted. 

Did you have any luck with the first swimsuit-wearing of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment