Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Search for the Perfect Suit

J.Crew
It is hard to believe that Memorial Day is one week away!  It seems like we went straight from winter into summer... The pools will be open and the beach ready. I feel so unprepared! Needless to say, I have been scrambling to find the right swimsuits.

I've always worn basic string bikinis (in my opinion, usually the most flattering kind) -- even with a big ole baby bump. But this summer, I think I am going to take my mother's advice: Mid-thirties, three-kids -- it's time for a little modesty. It's time for a one-piece.

The search for the perfect one-piece has not been an easy one. Simple, chic and with at least a little sex-appeal apparently does not a one-piece make. 
Eres
Eres
The best I found were by Eres. Sleek and showing just-enough skin. Unfortunately, however, I will no doubt be splashing about with the kiddies, smearing sunscreen all over and sitting on the edge of the pool (i.e. ruining the suit) and so, I cannot justify the steep price tag.

J.Crew

I found a couple that I liked from J.Crew. Strapless solids with some interesting detail -- a drop-waist on one and some ruching on the other. They seemed sort of sophisticated.  I also ordered a few from Old Navy -- at $30 they weren't bad at all. I particularly love the red-and-navy striped suit (although it is probably the sportiest of the bunch).

Old Navy
Old Navy
Old Navy



I think I won't know which style is best until I am actually at the pool or beach and "wear-testing" them. In the meantime, I will continue to search for the perfect suit. (Now, on to the scramble to get in shape!)



No comments:

Post a Comment