Monday, January 17, 2011

Beating the Winter Grays


Loving the pops of color on the Golden Globes red carpet.... Gets me in the mood for spring and inspires me to perk up my own wardrobe -- which for some reason has been all shades of gray lately. This bold movement couldn't have come at a better time, now that the winter doldrums have officially set in (it is major gloomy skies and mounds of snow outside). I especially love the peachy-pink shades (which go great with gray, by the way) like Natalie Portman (Viktor & Rolf), Emma Stone (Calvin Klein Collection), and Rhea Durham (Michael Kors) wore. I'm not sure if I'd do head-to-toe electric shades like Angelina Jolie (Versace), Julianne Moore (Lanvin), Claire Danes (Calvin Klein Collection), and Sofia Vergara (Vera Wang) but a pink tee under a charcoal sweater or a pair of emerald flats is something I could handle.


These tops from Net-a-Porter (Miu Miu, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Jil Sander) would look great with my staple gray skinny jeans and a charcoal cardi thrown over.


Labels like Jil Sander and Calvin Klein Collection did a beautiful job adding burst of brights to their spring runways.



No comments:

Post a Comment